Asking for a copy of my credit report as "acceptance of our offer" and then refusing to meet me in person means that you not legit. Thanks for playing!
Craigslist.com: The Modern Classifieds
Still sketchy. The more I use Craigslist the less I trust it... but it's kind of ideal for entry-level positions. I just wish that more information was required, like the name of your company. Or at least your field, so I know what I'm getting into.
Another Prospective Job Offer; More Absurd Than The Last One
I answered an ad the other day for a company in a town near mine, but in that vague sort of space wherein I know it is near me but have no idea how to get there. Thinking a 30ish minute commute is reasonable, I send my resume on a whim. That afternoon I get a response inviting me to an interview with them next week (on my birthday, too!). This company is called WOMEN WORKOUT WORLD, it is a "Fitness Spa", and I would be an administrative assistant. The level of amusement this job would promise is, if possible, better than the last one.
Mission Statement of Women Workout World:
We are a community of women committed to your well being. We offer the best in a fitness facility, including our exceptional team of fitness experts, high-end cardio equipment with personal TV’s, strength training equipment, over 40 group fitness classes, a private boxing room, babysitting room staffed by CPR certified childcare professionals, tanning, massage, infrared saunas (as seen on Oprah), and a juice bar! At Women, we understand that you are unique. Our qualified, professional staff can help personalize a fitness program tailored to your specific needs and goals, and are always available to help.
People I could be dealing with directly, all summer long:
Hi Heather,
ReplyDeleteDon't let the job search get you down. With less than 24% of the graduating class of 2010 finding work (and there were 3.2M grads in May), you are not alone.
Remember, EVERY job is temporary. So, find one that can build your skills and always look to the future!
Hope to see you over at http://www.careerealism.com soon.
JT
Founder
www.CAREEREALISM.com