11 March 2010

intra-research: some thoughts & questions

1. This is the one-year anniversary of my prefix research, sort of; to be honest I don't really remember when the due date for my research proposal was last year, but I recall it being in early March before spring break. (I want to say it was March 5th, but I'm alright with finding something in the middle of the month. I know that my proposal was accepted in early April.) Happy one year, prefixes! It's been fun.

2. speaking of which: HOW IS SPRING BREAK STARTING TOMORROW i'm so confused. I feel like I just careened directly into spring break. After spring break is April, and after April is May. And then my thesis is due, and then I graduate. When did time get faster?

3. Originally my spring break plans involved a presentation of my prefix research at the McGill International Undergraduate Linguistics Conference, but they decided they weren't interested in my cutting-edge research. Their loss... what I'm doing is exciting. So I guess I'm going home for a week. (The downside of living in a dorm is that I occasionally get kicked out of my living space for brief periods of time. It doesn't happen a lot, which is nice; though I really would prefer to stay here so I can keep working - I have a system, and it's been fairly effective. )

4. Who invented peach soda? and why does it not actually taste like peaches?

No comments:

Post a Comment