15 March 2010

exercise science

Hosted by imgur.com
wish you were here!

It is monsooning here in Southern MA which means that the basement of my parents' house is flooding. We live on top of a very large hill, which means we almost never lose power, but we are prone to flooding; I have lost power more often in college than I ever have at home. Carpeting was probably a poor choice.

FUN FACTS ABOUT SIX GALLONS OF WATER
1 gallon of water is about 8.35 lbs
6 gallons of water is about 50 lbs
It takes about 5 minutes to get 6 gallons of water into our wet/dry vac
which means that if i vacuum for 30 minutes i have effectively lifted 300 lbs of water.

Who needs weightlifting when you can wet vac!

1 comment:

  1. HI I AM FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG!

    i am multi-stalking you right now because i just saw your skype name also...

    cheeeerrrs!

    ReplyDelete