I live in a nondescript, early-contemporary 1960s style dorm on campus, which is next to a dining hall that is never open. To be fair, The Inconvenience Shack (as I prefer to call it) is open Monday-Thursday, from 7 am - 7 pm. This would be helpful if you are going to be on this part of campus and/or want to go a bit out of your way to eat here. Too bad WEEKENDS are the part of the week when people are most likely to be around. I generally avoid The Inconvenience Shack, as I keep weird hours anyway (read: not 7am-7pm) - and if it is open, I'm probably not around. I frequently eat at HoCo, just because it's more likely to be open when I will want to eat. That, and it is next to where I have most of my classes, shortening the commute from meal to class.
Today, for the first time in about year, I have class on Fridays again. My undergrad career has been a small scheduling miracle: no 8ams ever (I've supposed to have them - they just kept getting changed last-minute), my classes have mostly between 11am-3pm, etc. Granted, this class is at 1 pm, and it's Linguistics Lite. The hardest part of this class is merely getting myself across the street every Friday afternoon. My life is hard, I know.
And so today I went to HoCo, as the The Inconvenience Shack was busy being inconvenient. Coincidentally, UNH is hosting some sort of Great American theatre festival.
I present to you a mathmatical equation for today at 12:30 at HoCo:
Funnel all the people from The Inconvenience Shack + The Normal HoCo Crowd + A Theatre Festival - Seating Space To Begin With = UNAMUSED.
At what point was this a good idea?? Surely the Theatre festival could have used The Inconvenience Shack, right? It's just sitting there! Empty! This is a poor use of resources, UNH.
In related news, class on Friday is going to be difficult to readjust to.
No comments:
Post a Comment